IMET Open House covered in local news
IMET's third annual Open House was held on May 4, 2019 and was a great success! We had more than 550 attendees, who participated in science-based activities led by our faculty, students, and staff. Visitors had the chance to climb aboard the Rachel Carson, a research vessel used by the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, and see dinoflagellates, tiny marine organisms, glow in the dark. Kids looked under the microscope for a closer view of life in the Baltimore Harbor and saw a variety of fish, from rockfish to sharks, growing in our Aquaculture Research Center. We hope to see you next year, on May 2, 2020!
IMET's Open House was covered in several local news outlets. Check it all out here:
- Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology open house exposes public to science in UMBC's The Retriever
- Investigating Underwater Life at IMET on WYPR, Baltimore's NPR station
- Scientific Tours, Hands-On Activities Scheduled For Public At Institute Of Marine And Environmental Technology Open House on WJZ, CBS Baltimore
- Here’s a chance to see the marine science research happening inside Inner Harbor’s IMET on Technical.ly, Baltimore
- What's IMET? Find Out During Its May Open House in the Chesapeake Bay Magazine