Celebrating the 2020 REEF Class
IMET's REEF Program helps young scientists cultivate the leadership and business skills necessary to bring their research into commercial markets and provides students with an enhanced appreciation of the potential business implications of their research.
REEF broadens the range of post-graduate opportunities for students beyond traditional academic teaching and research to include starting a business, advancing careers within established companies, or pursuing environmental policy.
- Fellowships for select students
- Short courses on basic business principles
- Externships with established companies and start-ups
- Seed funding for students with viable ideas for new company formation.
- Intellectual Property Development and Management- Good vs. Great
- Marketing & Strategic Communications
- Stage Gate Theory Applied to Business Planning
REEF mentors are an invaluable part of the program. Some mentors are subject matter experts, and some are local entrepreneurs who provide inspiration along with information.
Established in the Fall of 2014, the REEF program is supported by the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation.