AV Student Intern
AV Student Intern- Rita Colwell Center Administrative Office
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) at the Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology is seeking an AV Student Intern for the Rita Rossi Colwell Center. This position will report directly to the onsite IT Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Audio-Visual infrastructure at the Rita Colwell Center.
Specific duties include:
• Providing all aspects of customer support by assisting the faculty and other IMET staff as requested or directed in the use of the in-room audio-visual classroom equipment in a timely fashion.
• Respond to service requests arriving by phone, service counter visits, and RT tickets.
• Resolve customer support tickets in a timely manner with appropriate communication and follow-through which frequently involves independent judgment.
• Support the use of soft client video conferencing solutions such as WebEx, Zoom, etc.
• Remain up to date with the latest classroom audio-visual installs and upgrades.
• Clean and check audio-visual gear in the field or classrooms as directed.
• Maintain professional office procedures and security for assets such as Rita Rossi Colwell Rooms and Spaces, Keys, AV Rolling Carts, Laptops, and Projectors.
The ideal student is expected to work both in a team environment with assistance and guidance from full-time staff as well as in a self-directed manner once assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
General Requirements: The successful candidate will be able to diagnose problems and implement solutions quickly, possess strong organizational communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, the ability to work independently, be able to set priorities, and handle multiple and often concurrent tasks. The student must also be able to handle the physical challenges of the position; including extended periods of time working at a computer, performing hardware maintenance tasks, as well as lifting, moving, and installing systems.
Preferred: Basic familiarity with Windows and Apple operating environments.
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a 20 hour per week position.
For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by March 21, 2023 to email@example.com. (resumes will be accepted until the position is filled)
The Rita Colwell Center is located on 701 E. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. We are a short walk from UMBC’s Downtown Shuttle Stop #9 and can also provide on-site parking.
UMBC is EOE/AA